- How many batteries are in the cart?
Four batteries â€“ in two cassettes - are required to run the cart.
- How long does one set of batteries stay charged?
Under typical conditions a set of batteries will operate the Pallet RunnerÂ® cart for 10 â€“ 12 hours.
- How do you change the batteries? How long should this take?
Batteries are simply changed by lifting the lid, removing spent batteries and replacing with charged batteries; which should take approximately five (5) minutes.Â The actual time to charge the batteries is 4 - 5 hours.Â
- Are tools required to change the batteries?
- What happens if the cart stops in middle of the lane and we are not able to communicate with it?
The cart is programmed to sense problems during the transportation of a pallet, including low battery power to the cart, broken pallets, and obstructions in the lane; in fact, anything inhibiting forward movement of the cart. In this mode, the cart is programmed to drop the pallet at the point of concern and return to the home position.
- Can Pallet RunnerÂ® be incorporated into my current W.M.S.?
Pallet RunnerÂ® can be incorporated into most Warehouse Management Systems.
- Does the Pallet RunnerÂ® cart require regular maintenance?
Yes, like most motor powered pieces of equipment, regular maintenance is required.
- Who do I get to do this maintenance?
A Pallet RunnerÂ® representative will be able to suggest possible service providers. This may include your current lift truck service provider, in house maintenance department or, in some cases, a Pallet RunnerÂ® Service Representative.
- Is training provided to my operators and service technicians?
Yes, full operation training as well as service instruction is provided by a trained product representative.
- How much per pallet location
The cost per pallet location depends on a number of different factors â€“ please contact us for an accurate quotation.
- What is the speed of the cart?
Loaded, the cart travels 180 ft per minute; unloaded, the cart will travel 200 ft per minute.
- How many pallet moves per hour?
On average the Pallet RunnerÂ® system will move 30 â€“ 40 pallets per hour.
- What is the temperature rating for the cart in a freezer?
The Pallet RunnerÂ® will work in conditions to -15°F Fahrenheit (-26° Celsius)
- How do you determine the level heights and length of a system?
The system layout is based up on many factors; please contact us.
- What is the height between levels? (Rail height plus lift off height)
Typically between levels is 16 inches (40.64cm) plus the height of the pallet.
- What is the maximum weight the Pallet RunnerÂ® Cart can lift?
Our standard Pallet RunnerÂ® cart has a weight capacity of 3,300 lbs. (1,500kg).
- How many Pallet RunnerÂ® carts do I need for my system?
Each system will be different based on the system throughput and other specific conditions. Contact us for more information.
The Next Generation in High Density Storage Systems
Pallet RunnerÂ® is ideal for freezer applications.Â Our 4 wheel drive system enhances its ability to work in temperatures as low as -26Â° C or -15Â° F.