Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
This 2016 to 2021 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Konstant will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities in accordance with the requirements communicated under the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11.
Introduction and Statement of Commitment
Konstant is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
This accessibility plan outlines the steps we are taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Our plan shows how we will play our role in making Ontario an accessible province for all Ontarians.
The plan is reviewed and updated at least once every 5 years, and as required.
We train every person as soon as practicable after being hired and provide training in respect of any changes to the policies
We maintain records of the training provided including the dates on which the training was provided and the number of individuals to whom it was provided.
Accessibility Plan for Konstant
Customer Service Standards
Konstant is committed to excellence in serving all customers including person with disabilities and we will carry out our services and responsibilities in a manner which delivers an accessible customer service experience.
- Konstant has made reasonable efforts to ensure that our goods, services or facilities are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- The provision of goods, services or facilities to persons with disabilities are integrated with the provision of goods, services or facilities to others, unless an alternative measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the goods, services or facilities.
- When communicating with a person with a disability, Konstant shall do so in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability.
- Staff who communicate with customers are trained on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- Konstant will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
- Konstant will provide accessible invoices to all of our customers.
- Konstant welcomes persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal or support person on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties.
- Konstant will consult with the person with a disability to understand their needs.
- Konstant will provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by persons with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at all public entrances and service counters on our premises.
Information and Communication Standards
Konstant is committed to providing the customer and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. Konstant is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities.
- Accessible Emergency Information
- Konstant will provide employees with disabilities individualized emergency response information when requested.
- Konstant provides assistance to specific employees with a disability, to help them evacuate the workplace in case of an emergency or disaster.
- On an ongoing and regular basis, and as per the applicable “AODA” standards, Konstant will review and assess general workplace emergency response procedures.
- Employees are made aware that individualized emergency response plans are available upon request.
- The individualized emergency response plan information is available to all employees and as part of orientation for new employees.
- Review existing feedback procedures.
- Revise to meet the needs of people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communications supports, as requested.
- Feedback may be made by e-mail, by telephone, in writing, on our website or by completing the Customer Feedback Form, AODA.
- Konstant will arrange for accessible formats and communication supports for feedback, on request.
- All feedback will be directed to the Human Resources Department.
- Consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the accessible format or communication support.
- Provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports in a timely manner that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs due to disability, and at a cost no more than the regular cost charged to other persons.
- Konstant has made all websites and web content conform to the WCAG 2.0, Level A and Level AA requirements.
Konstant provides training to employees on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training is provided in a way that best suits the duties of the employees.
- Providing appropriate training on the requirements of the IASRs and on the Ontario Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities.
- Incorporating the training into the employee orientation process for new employees.
- Keeping and maintaining a record of the training provided, including the dates that the training was provided and the number of individuals to whom it was provided.
- Ensure that training is provided, on an ongoing basis, as it relates to any policies that have been revised pursuant to AODA.
Konstant is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
Recruitment, Assessment, Selection and Notification Process
- Konstant accommodates internal and external people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- Konstant meets the needs of people with disabilities where possible.
Individual Accommodation Plans and Return to Work Process
Konstant has the following steps in place for developing individual accommodation plans and return to work policies for employees that have been absent due to a non-WSIB disability by January 1, 2016.
- Review existing policies and procedures related to accommodation and return to work.
- Revise existing policies and procedures to address current barriers to accessibility and prevent and remove future barriers.
- Develop written individual accommodations plans that will outline accommodations Konstant will provide, how we will help keep the employee safe in an emergency, when the plans will be reviewed or updated and keep the information private.
Performance Management, Career Development, Advancement and Redeployment
Konstant will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities when engaging in performance management, career development and redeployment processes. We will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified by January 1, 2016.
- Review employees accommodation plans to understand their needs and if necessary make adjustments to help them succeeded.
- Make performance management documents available in accessible forms when asked.
For more information on this Accessibility Plan, please contact:
Human Resources Department
1303 North Service Rd E.
Oakville, ON L6H 1T9
Toll Free: 1-800-473-3472